Work is the key to financial empowerment!
Work and Disability Benefits – If you are receiving Social Security Disability benefits and have a specific work goal, are working or have a job offer, we can help you understand how earned income will affect your cash, medical and other benefits. We can inform you about work incentives that can ease your transition to work and help you understand and navigate Social Security related work rules. Our Certified Work Incentive Coordinators have knowledge of Social Security, Medicare, AHCCCS and other government programs.
Work is the key to financial empowerment!
Who we are
We are Work Incentive Consultants who have trained knowledge of Social Security, Medicare, AHCCCS and other government programs.
We believe that people living with disabilities often can and want to work.
We believe people with disabilities have skills, knowledge and talent to benefit an employer.
We believe that working can improve a person’s quality of life.
We recognize that each person’s circumstances are unique and that the journey from benefits to employment can be scary and complex.
We know many people with disabilities on Social Security benefits are living in poverty and…
We know that there are work incentives and community resources available to help people transition from benefits to employment.
Most people do not know about them.
What we do
We provide benefits, work incentive, asset development, advocacy and financial empowerment consulting to:
Help people with disabilities realize the financial, health and social benefits to employment
Help people with disabilities transition from benefits to employment using Social Security work incentives, other federal and state programs and asset development tools
Help them learn about and navigate the program rules that are affected by employment
Help them realize, through a Benefit and Work Incentive Summary and Analysis, the…
- Financial benefit to employment
• Changes earned income will have on their current health, cash and other benefits
• Work incentives opportunities available to them
• Empower people with disabilities through knowledge and choices
Support people’s pursuit of their life goals and create the safety net when they are ready to move forward in their life by…
- Working with the person to develop a plan to guide them as they move forward
• Connecting them to valuable community resources
• Providing ongoing support as they move through their Social Security and other work incentives
• Teaching them self advocacy skills for managing their own benefits and work incentives
• Problem solving with them, encouraging them and celebrating their successes
Services to Social Security Beneficiaries with Disabilities
- Work Incentive Information, Referral and Problem Solving
• Written Benefits Summary and Analysis and Work Incentive Planning
• Assistance developing SSA Plans for Achieving Self-Support
• Benefits Management Skills Instruction and Assistance for beneficiaries that need ongoing help once employed
• Asset Development consulting for home ownership, education and self-employment goals.
• Group presentations on the SSA “Ticket to Work” and SSA Work Incentives and our Benefits 2 Work Arizona program. Presentations are usually provided separately to SSI Recipients, SSDI Beneficiaries and Service Providers to accommodate their specific needs.
Call the toll-free number below
or email Benefits 2 Work to speak with us today!
Voice: 602-443-0720, Arizona Relay: 711
866-304-WORK (9675) Toll-Free Statewide!
Benefits 2 Work Arizona is an initiative of Arizona Bridge to Independent Living supporting Social Security beneficiaries with disabilities in their transition to work with a subcontract to DIRECT Center for Independence in Tucson.
The Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA) program was made possible through a cooperative agreement from the Social Security Administration. The contents of this web page are the sole responsibility of the authors and do not represent the official views of the Social Security Administration. The WIPA program is funded by the Social Security Administration.
Ticket to Work Basics
The Ticket to Work and Self-Sufficiency Program is an employment program for people with disabilities who are interested in going to work. It was designed to remove many of the barriers that previously influenced people’s decisions about going to work because of the concerns over losing health care coverage. The goal of the Ticket Program is to increase opportunities and choices for Social Security disability beneficiaries to obtain employment, vocational rehabilitation (VR), and other support services from public and private providers, employers, and other organizations, while minimizing the risk of losing necessary health care.
Under the Ticket Program, the Social Security Administration provides disability beneficiaries with a “Ticket” they may use to obtain the services and jobs they need from organizations called Employment Networks (ENs). Beneficiaries receiving Tickets can contact one or more ENs to discuss services, and once an agreement between the beneficiary and EN is reached, the two work together to develop a work plan to assist the beneficiary in reaching his or her employment goal.
To learn more about the Ticket to Work, visit www.choosework.net.
AZ Disability Benefits 101 (AZ DB101) is an online tool to help Social Security beneficiaries make informed decisions about going to work. AZ DB101 gives you tools and information on employment, health coverage, and benefits.
- How work, health care and cash benefits interact with one another.
• How to maximize your earnings by using work and health care incentives.
• About the options you have today to increase financial well being and become more self-sufficient.
• About local resources that can support you to get a job or stay employed.
- Benefit and Work Calculators for your situation.
• Easy-to-read descriptions of state, federal, and private benefit rules and programs.
• Life situation articles for youth and adults.
• References to local, state and national resources.
Arizona Disability Benefits 101 is brought to you in partnership with the Arizona Rehabilitation Services Administration and Arizona’s Medicaid Infrastructure Grant (1QACMS300122) administered by AHCCCS.
Visit Arizona Disability Benefits 101 at www.az.db101.org