JOB ANNOUNCEMENT 7/12/2017
Full-Time position in Tucson, AZ Applications accepted until position filled
Founded in 1980, DIRECT Center for Independence is a private, nonprofit organization operated by and for people with diverse disabilities. Our mission is to promote voice, choice and independence for people with disabilities and we maintain a vision of universal access. DIRECT provides services to empower people with disabilities to live independently in their own homes and advocates for equal opportunity to participate fully in all aspects of life in our community.
- Provide accurate information and appropriate referrals that connect individuals with disabilities to the Center’s and Community resources
- Provide administrative support for Finance and Programs/Services
QUALIFICATIONS (Relevant personal life experience/history is acceptable substitute for education and/or work experiences)
- 2+ years of experience providing administrative support
- Clear understanding of, and passion for, the Center’s mission; experience working with individuals with disabilities and/or personal experience with disability a plus
- Working knowledge of disability services and community resources
- Associate’s Degree or related experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- MS Office proficiency; QuickBooks/other bookkeeping software experience a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
TO APPLY, submit Cover Letter and Resume in MS Word Format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include position title in email subject line. Qualified individuals with disabilities strongly encouraged to apply.
DIRECT is committed to providing access and equal opportunity in employment. Activities such as hiring, promotion, and compensation of employees are conducted without regard to race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex (including same sex); sexual orientation, gender identity or expression; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; service member status; marital status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law. DIRECT will work with qualified individuals to find reasonable accommodations as necessary, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on Center operations.
PDF ATTACHED: Administrative Assistant job posting_July 2017
Outsider-In Gallery is seeking submissions for upcoming show!
Outsider-In: Diversity is Art
Is this show for you?
Do you live in Southern Arizona?
Do you identify as having an invisible/visible disabilities and/or chronic health condition?
Do you identify as a Person of Color?
If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, apply at: OIGTucson.wordpress.com
Application Deadline: July 7th, 2017.
For more information, visit: OIGTucson.wordpress.com
At: DIRECT Center for Independence
1001 N. Alvernon Way
Tucson, AZ 85711