DIRECT will host an ADA Advocacy training this month. Details are in the flier – attached as PDF and below as text.
If not YOU then who?
If not NOW then when?
ADA Advocacy Training
- Basic information on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Your rights and responsibilities
- Advocating for change under Title III (public accommodations and commercial facilities)
When: May 25, 2017 – 5:30 -7:30 PM
Where: DIRECT Center for Independence, Tucson
Register: Online – click here
If link doesn’t work, type the following in your browser: www.eventbrite.com/e/ada-advocacy-training-tickets-34452038976
OR Call 800-342-1853 or 520-624-6452
Please let us know about any reasonable accommodations you will need to participate.
Cost: FREE but Registration Is Required!
Please register for our ADAPT/DIRECT Fun*Run at http://www.adaptfunrun.net/ so you can start getting sponsors! Our “run” has been rescheduled to June 10th at Reid Park
- Go to LOGIN pull-down menu at top right
- Select REGISTER to create your account if you do not have an account already. Many of you will have an account from last year!
- Go to your email – ADAPT will send you a verification email
- Click on link in verification email and login
- After logging in, you will see a list of FUN*RUNs – choose Tucson ADAPT
- Then you can EDIT your fundraising message (EDIT button) and tailor the message however you want. SAVE button is in orange above message.
Here is my message as a sample:
Dear Friend of Disability Rights:
I need your help! I have volunteered to join in the ADAPT FUN*RUN for Disability Rights which supports Tucson’s DIRECT Center for Independence and national efforts to make community living a reality for everyone.
I will walk a route in Reid Park, Tucson on 06/10/2017 until I complete 25 or so laps.I would appreciate your support as a sponsor. Please select the sponsor button above and make a generous flat donation or pledge for each lap. Remember, your donation is tax deductible!
Then you can SHARE via social media, email, etc. Get as many donations as possible
If you have any problems getting set up, please contact:
(520) 624 – 6452 x111
Let’s raise some advocacy dollars!!